Horslips - The Horslips Story: Straight From The Horse's Mouth CD (album) cover

Prog Folk

1 stars Don't get me wrong, most of the songs here are first class but I should warn everyone that if you come across this CD do not buy it.

Reasons: 1. This compilation was released without the band's consent and they did not receive one cent in royalties. 2. The recordings are atrocious. The quality of almost all recordings is way below standard. I should know as I bought it over 20 years ago but got rid of it as soon as I could.

For completists only. Well, not even for completists, as I am a Horslips completist and I don't want this one! So half a star. Has anyone given a half a star before?

BTW. If you are looking for a great Horslips compilation then buy the "Treasury" 2CD compilation released in 2009 or 2010. The band got back the rights to their catalogue and "Treasury" is truely a great snapshot of their work.

BarryGlibb | 1/5 |