The Alan Parsons Project - I Robot CD (album) cover

The Alan Parsons Project

Andrea Cortese
4 stars I'm not alone in feeling the peculiar charm of this album. Way better than the previous (and somehow overrated) Tales of Mystery... That's not because of the hyper production (which is common in whole APP's discography). Probably not even because of the Isaac Asimov's concept (the man's fall and the machine's rise).

I suppose the secret lies in the music itself, in its atmospheric and sombre pace, an element that is wonderfully developed in the opener and in other tracks ("Genesis ch. 1 v. 32", "Nucleus" and the upsetting "Total Eclipse", for instance). I think this is something you cannot find in other albums of this band.

Jumping over the more obvious "Breakdown", "I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You" and "Some Other Time" there are little gems as "Day After Day (The Show Must Go On)", "Don't Let it Show" (magnificient) and "The Voice" that should be re-discovered.

Andrea Cortese | 4/5 |