Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky CD (album) cover

EYE IN THE SKY

Alan Parsons Project

Andrea Cortese
4 stars Well, well, well, this is somehow a Pyramid part two. And it's better. The best thing the Project did after "I Robot". No doubt for me.

From the hypnotic bright star of "Sirius" which fades into the super hit "Eye in the Sky", to the closer "Old and Wise" this album is almost impeccable, extremely well crafted. Deep, romantic and sad as the closing number, it forces the listener to sail alone with his own thoughts into a vast musical interstellar space.

"Silence and I" is the most memorable track. Aching and brilliant with sumptuous orchestra. The swan song of the Project.

The galactic exploration flies over the moon ("Children of the Moon") and points to the "Gemini" constellation. "Mammagamma" is a sort of "Sirius" part two with the addition of a disco groove and strings... excellent.

"As far as my eyes can see, there are shadows approaching me...".

The final evaluation is a matter of heart.

Andrea Cortese | 4/5 |