Alan Parsons Project - Ammonia Avenue  CD (album) cover

AMMONIA AVENUE

Alan Parsons Project

Andrea Cortese
2 stars For me APP ended their artistic vein after the wonderful "Eye in the Sky". It just seems the band was drifting toward an inevitable conclusion.

Unfortunately, I cannot find in "Ammonia Avenue" any progressive power, despite only in the title track. The main problem is that we have to wait until the very end of the record before we get to hear the album's highlight. It never happened before! The title track is similar to "Silence and I", perhaps with an even more nice melody and excellent vocals by Eric Woolfson.

So I have to notice that it is basically a collection of pop songs that float without infamy and without praise. Extremely well produced (it is no new) but nothing more than the most "commercially" successful of all the Project's records.

It is certainly a decent acquisition for fans, especially those who prefer their less progressive side, but I suggest that everyone else stick with "I Robot", "Pyramid" or "Eye in the Sky".

Andrea Cortese | 2/5 |