A.C.T - Silence CD (album) cover

SILENCE

A.C.T

Richens
4 stars A.C.T were one of the first bands I started listening to on my return to modern prog. I have a love of melodic and symphonic prog. A.C.T's music is accessible and fun and has many influences. Their arrangements are a strange but intriguing hybrid of orchestration, pop and melodic prog. Personally, I love their musical style.

'Silence' is the first A.C.T album I listened to and turned me on to the rest of their albums, all of which I purchased based on the strength of 'Silence'. I'm not going to go into song by song descriptions, but the music is upbeat, optimistic and uplifting to listen to. They have a very wide range of diverse influences. You can clearly hear Queen in 'Call in Dead'. Frankly, I love it. Long live prog and long live A.C.T!

Richens | 4/5 |