Riverside - Second Life Syndrome CD (album) cover

SECOND LIFE SYNDROME

Riverside

Rivertree
Psych/Space Team & Band Submissions
5 stars A second syndrome ...

'Out of myself' was a great debut by RIVERSIDE and they surprised me with the long tracks 'The same river'' and 'The curtain falls'. But it was possible: 'Second Life Syndrome' is even better and the band has reached maturity! Beginning with track 2 RIVERSIDE takes you on a trip through the whole progressive rock world. Every song combines in another way proportions of the Art Rock, Neo and Prog Metal subgenres.

Volte-Face seems to be a perfect transition from their debut. Conceiving you is an absolutely beautiful ballad. The song participates much in the progress around the EP 'Voices in my head' - improved vocals by Mariusz Duda and the ability to write excellent ballads. The title track can be seperated in three parts - a neoprogger with metal patches and a psychedelic/ambient middle section. Artificial smile is a song with more metal ingredients. I turned you down is nearly in the same vein as 'Conceiving you'. Reality dream III is the official transition from their debut - to me it sounds like a tribute to DREAM THEATER. Dance with shadow is similar to the title track until they reach the 'point of no return' - the end is absolutely great! Before begins as a part of 'Voice in my head' but develops to a reminiscence of the music from TOOL.

This is a masterpiece - I wonder if there is any chance for an improvement.

Rivertree | 5/5 |