Sylvan - Sceneries CD (album) cover

SCENERIES

Sylvan

ProgolateCookie
3 stars Sylvan are perhaps the most enjoyable of all neo prog bands to me when they are firing on all cylinders. Posthumous Silence would in fact be a top 10 album of all time for me (definite 5 star). I am however left like a stunned mullet after listening to this record. I thought I would be losing it over this album but I feel like a bewildered 70's Yes fan being forced to sit through Tales from Topographic Oceans live without any preexposure, however in less of a positive sense of the experience.

I feel disappointed that this album hasn't lived up to my expectations but at present, all I can give this album is 3 stars. Listen to it for yourself but I find this veritable slab of music a bit high in caloric intake for this progressive appetite.

ProgolateCookie | 3/5 |