Sloche - Stadaconé CD (album) cover

5 stars 4.8/5.0

If you like Sloche first album (J'un oeil), you will surely enjoy this one. The whole album is marvelous, but the first song (Stadaconé) is probably even more than that. The second the song starts, you know you listen to something "special". The sound is professional, rock-solid, way above much of the music made at that time. In my other review on the band, I talked about some Gentle Giant influences, along with what seems to be some Canterbury jazz-fusion, but I forgot to talk about another very popular group at that time in Québec: Maneige. If you like Maneige (especially Libre- Service, which is in my opinion one of their best album), you will surely like Sloche.

I gave Stadaconé 4.8, slightly below the 4.9 I gave for J'un oeil. Those are clearly very high ratings, but I rest my case: this band is awesome: this is the best jazz-prog band I ever listened to. The music is refreshing, new, and I feel like been on acid while listening to the craziness of this music. I'd like to find better words to explain how great this album is, but the best thing I would recommand is to look for Hughes Chantraine review. He RARELY gives 5 stars, and he gave both Sloche album 5 stars (well for this one he gave 4 stars, but said 4.7, which in my opinion is closer to 5 stars than to 4! ;-) ) Another recommandation would be to get up and go buy this album! You will not regret it!

belz | 5/5 |