Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

belz
4 stars 4.3/5.0

This is a great album, a milestone of music in the seventies. That said, I don't believe it is a progressive masterpiece as I don't even think this is pure progressive music. The album is good, with great songs, however "Money" just isn't prog music: this is rock, or maybe pop-rock. It does not mean it is bad, no... It just isn't prog.

The great thing about "Dark Side of the Moon" is probably the fact that it is aging so well. It was recorded more than 30 years ago, still the music is somehow very 'modern'. I can understand that many people say this is a masterpiece and put 5/5, and I would agree if we were only rating the importance an album had on its era, however I believe there were much better albums, musically speaking, than this one. 4.3/5.0 seems fair to me.

belz | 4/5 |