Tangerine Dream - Zeit 'Largo In 4 Movements' CD (album) cover

Tangerine Dream

Progressive Electronic

4 stars This is actually my first time listening to Tangerine Dream with any amount of attention and what I am hearing is: electronic hums, bubbling synth percolations, occaisional high pitched keening. I kind of like it. Very ambient, but then again that kind of comes with the whole German-Electro-Pulse thing anyway. I would play this while writing or reading a book. Or to scare the shit out of my friends. I kind of wish that more electronic music were like this, instead of the whole repeditive dance thud stuff that I hear often. The music here is immersive, and thoughts of a journey into space or some unseen, lightless, place in the ocean come to mind. Actually it reminds me of the middle part in Pink Floyd's Echoes, were it gets a low and uncertain and the guitar part that sounds like a whale call pierces comes in--except it never really ends.

Not that I would want it to.

PhantomBannana | 4/5 |