Marillion - Seasons End CD (album) cover

SEASONS END

Marillion

iammine
4 stars I didn't know Marillion at all when i bought this album about two years ago. I may say that it has been my initiation to Progressive Rock, although I already knew Pink Floyd and Frank Zappa. "Seasons End" introduced me to Marillion and made me want to buy the entire discography of the band.

Someone may regret Marillion's old sound; someone might have regretted the departing of Fish, but after all, "Seasons End" remains a very good album. Maybe it's not one of the most important titles in Marillion's discography, but Steve Hogarth's songwriting is not bad at all, as "King of Sunset Town", "Easter" and the suite "Seasons End" seem to explain. The melancholic atmosphere, the "fluid" sound of this record, the dreamy sensation that I felt listening to it... they all make me say that a real Progressive Rock fan can't miss this elegant piece of Marillion's history.

| 4/5 |