Marillion - Script For A Jester's Tear CD (album) cover

3 stars As Neil Young once said: "-The eighties were the dark ages of rock". I guess he was right. "Script for a Jester's Tear" however doesn't sound 80's, at least not in style. I think it's still quite fresh and nice to listen to, but I can't really join in in the massive hype though. I guess many fans are a bit fed up with all the talk about the over- dramatic singing, but I have to say that I can't really look through this. I think it's too much of musical or theatralic manners for my taste. On the positive side there are a lot of strong songs, and it's not a bad album at all.
1971 | 3/5 |