Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here CD (album) cover

WISH YOU WERE HERE

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

rgmeli64
5 stars A great album. Probably the classic one. I have a high sentimental link with this one, in fact i still consider it as the masterpiece that changed my musical point of view forever, so long ago.

It´s difficult to say anything new after 218 reviews, so this won´t be long. I really believe that this kind of albums, the next ones after a huge success -on sales and on critics - like dark side was, have a very difficult road because the comparison is innevitable. On the other hand, of course, their comercial career is almost guaranteed. Thinking about this, for me WYWH was enough able to satisfy both critics and public.

The core of the work is "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", in its nine parts, a tribute to their former member, Syd Barret. It would be the last whole band composition because of the growing leadership of Roger Waters.The title track is also a classic floyd track, the last remembering of their lost friend...or anything else. Thoughout the album, the most brilliant work of Richard Wright in the group works.

The album topped the charts on America and UK. It was my very first experience with prog rock. I haven´t forgot it.

rgmeli64 | 5/5 |