Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound Of Thunder CD (album) cover

DELICATE SOUND OF THUNDER

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

zaxx
3 stars Usually I don't like live albums... for this one, I bought it because I went to see Pink Floyd play live at Chateau de Chantilly and I really loved that concert. The album itself is good, but sure not essential.

Disc I starts with a nice version of "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" - quite different from the studio track. The rest of the songs are "Momentary lapse of reason" revisited live - not much to say about those except for "The Dogs Of War" that sounds a lot better than on "Momentary lapse of reason".

Disc II contains songs from the old days. "One Of These Days" is awesome here. "Money" is played in a soul fashion. "Comfortably Numb" is probably the best track here - it sounds much darker than on "The Wall". The other songs are correct, but not great.

Rating: 77/100 (disc 1) + 70/100 (disc 2)

zaxx | 3/5 |