Neuschwanstein - Battlement CD (album) cover

2 stars This album should win an award. That being 'THE MOST OVERATED ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF PROGRESSIVE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!'.

I purchased this cd over 10 years ago because of all the praise and references to Genesis. I hear no Genesis influence at all, early or mid-period. It sounds like most 2nd tier obscure prog bands of the seventies.

It has beautiful melodies. It has a very fluid sound, very much unlike Genesis they have no dynamic. The production is fair. The package and booklet are great as are all Musea releases. The vocals are weak and often out of key.

Reading the reviews on this site the praise goes on. I have friends who also revere this album as a lost gem. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful progressive rock album, but no where near the classic folks claim it to be. I think I would enjoy it more if it were not so over hyped.

zx2781 | 2/5 |