The Beatles - 1962-1966 CD (album) cover

The Beatles

4 stars These collections, the red and blue double albums, are the only decent collections with the Beatles. I only review one since the exact same words goes for "67-70". Look and the song list and try to remove one song, to me that's very hard. All tracks are obvious collection tracks and fits perfectly. Making any kind of smaller collection than these is quite pointless since it soon begins to be random choice. All tracks on these two collections are timeless classics that makes any comparison pale. The packaging is nice and there just isn't anything weak here. The only question of course is: Why buy a collection with this band in the first place? The albums are too good to not buy, and they are more fun than collections. But anyway, I can't think of a better way to sum Beatles' history than with these collections. Giving it less than five stars would be ridiculous, but I have difficulties to rate ANY collection five stars, since these often miss concept or artistic visions (that is common in regular albums).
1971 | 4/5 |