1962-1966

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1973

Disc 1
1. Love Me Do (2.24)
2. Please Please Me (2.03)
3. From Me To You (1.57)
4. She Loves You (2.22)
5. I Want To Hold Your Hand (2.27)
6. All My Loving (2.09)
7. Can't Buy Me Love (2.14)
8. A Hard Day's Night (2.34)
9. And I Love Her (2.31)
10. Eight Days A Week (2.45)
11. I Feel Fine (2.20)
12. Ticket To Ride (3.11)
13. Yesterday (2.05)

Disc 2
1. Help! (2.20)
2. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (2.11)
3. We Can Work It Out (2.16)
4. Day Tripper (2.50)
5. Drive My Car (2.28)
6. Norwegian Wood (THIS BIRD HAS FLOWN) (2.05)
7. Nowhere Man (2.44)
8. Michelle (2.42)
9. In My Life (2.27)
10. Girl (2.31)
11. Paperback Writer (2.19)
12. Eleanor Rigby (2.08)
13. Yellow Submarine (2.37)

Search THE BEATLES 1962-1966 lyrics

Search THE BEATLES 1962-1966 tabs

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitar, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

LP Apple (1973)
CD Apple Corps CDPCSP717 (1993)

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES 1962-1966 Music

Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$17.99
STAR SIGNS & PREDICTIONS A Novel Approach~THE BEATLES US $13.97 Buy It Now 29m 43s
The BEATLES . 23 THE NUMBER ONES + BONUS 3 TRACK E.P. + FREE L.P.Vinyl lp VG +++ US $32.58 Buy It Now 30m
THE CHIPMUNKS Sing The Beatles LP US $23.28 Buy It Now 30m 28s
THE BEATLES - ROCK'N'ROLL MUSIC 2LP - JAPANESE PRESS NM - OBI + BOOKLET + POSTER US $74.45 Buy It Now 30m 36s
The Beatles Ticket To Ride / Yes It Is 45 US $0.99 [1 bids]
30m 55s
VARIOUS ARTISTS: Easy Listening Beatles For People Who Hate Rock US $9.31 Buy It Now 31m 21s
The Beatles A Hard Days Night / Things We Said Today 45 White Vinyl US $5.59 [7 bids]
32m 29s
The Beatles 45 RPM Yellow Submarine & Eleanor Rigby Capitol Record US $8.99 [0 bids]
33m 25s
The Beatles Let It Be / You Know My Name 45 yellow vinyl US $5.52 [6 bids]
33m 55s
THE BEATLES 8-Track Tapes ~ THE BEATLES 1967-1970 PARTS 1 and 2 US $5.99 [0 bids]
34m 18s
THE BEATLES "THE BEATLES GREATEST" RARE IMPORT GERMANY EMI C 062-04 207 US $20.00 [0 bids]
34m 27s
JOHN LENNON WALLS AND BRIDGES ORIGINAL APPLE CULT BEATLES US $9.99 Buy It Now 35m 5s
The Beatles Hey Jude / Revolution 45 blue vinyl US $5.52 [6 bids]
35m 13s
The Beatles The Ballad of John and Yoko / Old Brown Shoe 45 Apple US $1.33 [2 bids]
36m 56s
LOT of 8 track few sealed Alice Cooper Kiss Gregg Allman WHO Blondie Beatles US $51.00 [2 bids]
36m 56s
THE BEATLES + HELP+ LP + CAPITOL + US edition US $8.98 [0 bids]
37m 37s
THE BEATLES 1962 - 1966 AUSTRALIAN RELEASE DOUBLE CASSETTE TAPE SET US $9.26 Buy It Now 37m 44s
Beatles 78 united artists US $6.00 [0 bids]
38m 15s
The Beatles Yellow Submarine / Eleanor Rigby 45 yellow vinyl US $6.39 [9 bids]
38m 47s
Paul McCartney / Ecce Cor Meum (CD) David Theodore, Colm Carey Mark Law, Beatles US $3.29 Buy It Now 39m 43s
The Beatles Baby Its You mono 45 7" w pic sleeve US $2.99 [0 bids]
40m 48s
Joshua Rifkin - The Baroque Beatles Book LP Elektra Mono US $9.00 Buy It Now 40m 59s
The Beatles She Loves You/I'll Get You (Swan S-4152) Picture Sleeve Play Tested US $65.00 Buy It Now 41m 33s
BEATLES 62-66 2LP RARE ORIGINAL US RED APPLE press GATEFOLD 2LP US $21.00 [0 bids]
42m 4s
THE BEATLES - AGAIN LP - 1st Print (Hey Jude) - SO/SW-385 - 1970 NM US $19.95 [0 bids]
44m 10s
(8) THE BEATLES CD Lot Let It Be Naked Please Me Past Masters Sgt Peppers etc US $9.95 [2 bids]
46m 1s
GEORGE HARRISON: EARLY TAKES VOLUME 1 CD THE BEATLES / SEALED US $7.91 Buy It Now 46m 25s
JEFFRY & RONALD MARLOWE Classic Beatles..Concert Favorites DEVON DV7111 LP VG+ US $3.00 Buy It Now 50m 38s
THE BEATLES // The Beatles Talk With Gerry G. Vol. 2/ ORIGINAL 1983 US LP/ Mint- US $22.98 Buy It Now 50m 59s
THE BEATLES // The Beatles / ORIGINAL 1980 Us LP/ Mint- US $33.98 Buy It Now 51m 3s
THE BEATLES // Silver Beatles / ORIGINAL 1983 US Picture Disc LP/ Mint- US $29.98 Buy It Now 51m 6s
BEATLES // Interviews and Press Conferences 1965-66 / ORIGINAL 1987 UK LP/ EX/M- US $29.98 Buy It Now 51m 19s
RARE INTRODUCING THE BEATLES ALBUM LP RECORD LENNON MCCARTNEY VEE-JAY VJLP 1062 US $127.49 Buy It Now 52m 35s
THE BEATLES ELEANOR RIGBY ~ YELLOW SUBMARINE SINGLE 45 RECORD WITH SLEEVE 5715 US $21.24 Buy It Now 52m 35s
THE BEATLES '65 ALBUM LP RECORD JOHN LENNON PAUL MCCARTNEY ST-2228 CAPITAL US $33.99 Buy It Now 52m 35s
SOMETHING NEW THE BEATLES LP RECORD ALBUM LENNON MCCARTNEY ST-2108 CAPITAL US $33.99 Buy It Now 52m 35s
BEATLES 45 1964...MGM K 13227...Why US $20.00 [0 bids]
53m 11s
BRAND NEW REVOLVER RELOADED The Beatles Mojo CD Handsome Family Lennon US $9.00 Buy It Now 55m 42s
THE BEATLES FROM ME TO YOU & PLEASE PLEASE ME ON THE OLDIES 45 LABEL for US $5.00 [0 bids]
56m 5s
BEATLES HEY JUDE ISRAELI PORTRAIT LP NM US $50.00 Buy It Now 56m 42s
BEATLES RARITIES ISRAELI HEBREW PORTRAIT LP NM US $50.00 Buy It Now 56m 57s
GESTURES CD GARAGE ROCK RARE SUNDAZED BEATLES COVER US $12.99 [0 bids]
57m 48s
BEATLES 67-70 2LP RARE ORIGINAL US BLUE label press GATEFOLD BLUE inner NMint- US $24.99 [0 bids]
1h
The Beatles - Hear The Beatles Tell All SEALED Vinyl LP - Vee Jay PRO-202 - MINT US $39.95 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Radio Show: GOODTIME OLDIES! #92-19 FOUR TOPS, BEATLES, TROGGS, DOORS, WE FIVE US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
VG++ THE BEATLES "ABBEY ROAD" ORANGE CAPITOL LABEL US $20.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Beatles on Panpipes, Various Artists, Excellent US $1.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO & P.S. I LOVE YOU ON THE OLDIES 45 LABEL for US $5.00 [0 bids]
Ted Heath Orchestra Plays Beatles Bach & Bacharach Vinyl LP Lot #856 US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
The Beatles "Movie Medley" Rock * Picture Sleeve * DJ-Promo * 1982 * 45 RPM US $34.99 [0 bids]
ELLIE POP - S/T 1968 ONLY ALBUM MICHIGAN BEATLES esque HARMONY POP ROCK PSYCH CD US $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 7m
PAUL McCARTNEY-THE BEATLES-VANILLA SKY-ORIGINAL SONG-FYC-PROMO ONLY-CD-MINT! US $36.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Rare 1967 Taiwan Pressing US $35.00 [9 bids]
Beatles Sgt. Peppers Limited Edition 1978 Picture LP NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! US $39.95 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 1962 - 1966 2 TAPE SET 8 TRACK TAPES TESTED US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES - GET BACK - DON'T LET ME DOWN - 7" VINYL RECORD US $9.90 [0 bids]
Anthology 1 by The Beatles (CD, Nov-1995, 2 Discs, Capitol/EMI Records) US $2.50 Buy It Now 1h 22m
THE BEATLES POSTER "RINGO STARR" LICENSED "BRAND NEW" 61cm X 91.5cm US $11.13 Buy It Now 1h 22m
THE BEATLES POSTER "PAUL McCARTNEY" LICENSED "BRAND NEW" 61cm X 91.5cm US $11.13 Buy It Now 1h 22m
THE BEATLES 1967-1970 VINTAGE BRAND NEW IN ORIGINAL PACKAGING CASSETTE TAPE US $6.99 [0 bids]
(BEATLES-She Loves You/I'll Get You)-PICTURE SLEEVE-K3-7 US $15.82 Buy It Now 1h 26m
ringo starr beatles cd lot rock US $12.00 [0 bids]
Shared Vision: The Songs of the Beatles by Various Artists (CD, '94)-EXCELLENT US $1.59 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Beatles Magical Mystery Tour Photo US $4.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES~~ALL MY LOVING ... Sheet Music Rare US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Early Beatles George Harrison Photo US $4.00 [0 bids]
Beatles George Harrison with Mustache Photo US $4.00 [0 bids]
As It Happened: Classics Interviews by The Beatles (CD, May-2004, 4 Discs, Chrom US $16.00 [1 bids]
Lot of 2 LPs of Beatles, old rare Mexican press (2 compilations) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Anthology 1 by The Beatles (CD, Nov-1995, 2 Discs, Capitol/EMI Records) sealed US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
The Beatles 1988 Capitol color vinyl 45 US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 34m
BEATLES 1967-1970 PART 1 .... 8-Track 8XK 3407 US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 34m
The Beatles 1967 Capitol lp US $16.00 Buy It Now 1h 35m
The Beatles Live on The Ed Sullivan Show Picture Disc - Feb. 9th US $44.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
THE BEATLES - LIVE AT THE BBC -UK 2LP SET/MONO/GATEFOLD US $124.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
The Beatles - Rubber Soul Mono T-2442 VG/VG US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
BEATLES- 2 ROCK LP'S ON CAPITOL-REVOLVER & SGT PEPPERS- 1ST PRESSING US $11.01 [2 bids]
Do It Now Vinyl 60's Beatles Janis Joplin B.J. Thomas Jimi Hendrix 20 Giant Hits US $6.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles 1965 Capitol lp US $16.00 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Vinyl The Beatles Live at the Hollywood Bowl US $20.00 [0 bids]
1 by The Beatles (CD, Nov-2000, Apple/Capitol) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Radio Show: GOODTIME OLDIES! #92-21 PAUL REVERE & RAIDERS, BEATLES, CHAMPS, KNOX US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
THE BEATLES HELP,ODEON ORIGINAL,VENEZUELA LP.SCARCE. US $20.48 [14 bids]
The Beatles Yesterday and Today PDL Disques Special Limited Edition Box Set US $160.00 [0 bids]
BEATLES Anthology Vol. 2 2CD Mini LP US $16.49 Buy It Now 1h 48m
LENA HORNE GABOR SZABO LENA & GABOR LP SKYE PSYCH POP JAZZ VOCALS BEATLES COVERS US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m
INTRODUCING THE BEATLES ENGLANDS #1 VOCAL GROUP~ STEREOPHONIC~ VEEJAY #VJLP 1062 US $8.95 [0 bids]
All Time Favorites Sampler Tchaikovsky Beatles Top Gun & More Music CD US $5.95 [0 bids]
The Beatles MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR 1967 EMI 2835 33 rpm US $24.95 Buy It Now 1h 57m
The Beatles "Yellow Submarine" France 1970's ep 7" record near mint w/pic sleeve US $29.99 Buy It Now 2h
Beatles At The Hollywood Bowl US $0.01 [0 bids]
THE GREATEST HITS OF THE BEATLES: CLASSICAL STYLE - NEW CD US $2.68 Buy It Now 2h 12m
The Beatles [White Album] [Limited] EU IMPORT(CD, Nov-1998, 2 Discs,... US $38.00 Buy It Now 2h 13m
BEATLES-A HARD DAY'S NIGHT-JAPAN BLU-RAY L60 US $54.50 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Two Bootleg Beatles Vinyl Record Albums, Playing Live in Hamburg in 1962. US $34.95 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Re 45 - ANNE MURRAY - You Won't See Me (Beatles) w/ Capitol 3867 strip VG+ US $3.49 [0 bids]
THE PRETTY THINGS . EMOTIONS CD STONES BEATLES T2 TAME IMPALA HENDRIX CREAM FUZZ US $15.99 [0 bids]
Beatles evatone 45 times 3 red white blue US $99.00 [0 bids]
Bratislavska lyra 1972-SAROLTA ZALATNAY,Meddle of the Road LP CZECH Beatles RARE US $29.00 Buy It Now 2h 27m
THE BEATLES LOVE SONGS LENNON SOMETHING I WILL PORTRAIT ISRAEL ISRAELI 2 LP US $129.99 Buy It Now 2h 28m

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES 1962-1966 ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(39%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(33%)

THE BEATLES 1962-1966 reviews

Review by Guillermo
4 stars In comparison to the "1967-1970" compilation, this album is more a colecction of Hit Singles, but it also includes some very good songs from their albums recorded in that period of years. I think that it was easier to compile, because in those years the band concentrated more in recording short good songs more proper for Radio playing. But by late 1965, with the release of their "Rubber Soul" album, things started to change, and their music became more elaborated and much better in lyrics and in music. By the time they released their "Revolver" album, in 1966, it was clear that the band could not play on stage many of their songs from their "Rubber Soul" and "Revolver" albums, so in their last tour, in 1966, they played mostly songs from their previous years.

The only thing that I really don`t like very much in this compilation is the absence of more songs taken from "Revolver". This compilation only includes "Eleanor Rigby" and "Yellow Submarine" which were released in a single. I think that there were other songs from that album which were better than these.

In terms about musical influences for Prog Rock, I think that the "1967-1970 " compilation is more important. But this "1962-1966" compilation is good anyway, because The Beatles were a very good band from the beginning, so this compilation is very representative of their more Pop Rock songs.

Both compilations (this and the "1967-1970" album) were remastered and re-issued in 1993, being then the first time they were available in the CD format.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#163867) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 14, 2008

Review by progrules
1 stars These are just a bunch of highly commercial pop songs, simple and a collection of songs that caused my everlasting dislike for this band. And the funny thing is: when you say this to Beatlefans they always try to convince you of the fact that you are wrong. How can anyone dislike the Beatles ? I don't know, but I do, I'm sorry for those fans. Popmusic couldn't be more simple than most of the songs on this collection and I never understood why people went crazy for this. Of course it's always possible to say something positive about a certain kind of music. In this case it could be that they are popular tunes, true classics if you like but that's something else than good music let alone good prog. And of course also here rules the famous statement: a matter of taste and there's nothing to be done about that I learned.

In my childhood our family had two double vinyls of The Beatles and those were this red one and (of course) the blue one. And those will be the only ones I will review. I don't want to waste too much of my precious time on this band and will leave it at that. Lucky Beatles !

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#164501) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 21, 2008

Review by J-Man
2 stars 2.5 stars really!!

This is simply a collection of early Beatles hit singles, nothing more nothing less. The Blue Album is less of a compilation of hits like this is, and it is a compilation their good songs, but this is solely just The Beatles hits early on. There's not much explaining to do. Everyone knows PLEASE PLEASE ME and LOVE ME DO from just the way pop culture spreads. But that's all this is. The second disc is much better better than the first because it includes some psychedelic and rock songs, but disc one is simply their early rock and roll songs.

If you don't know much about The Beatles and hate prog, start here. For any prog fan, this is decent rock music, that is better to be left skipped anyway. If you like prog, start with The Blue Album as a compilation, but not this.

4/5 for a rock and roll compilation. 2/5 for a proto-prog compilation.

Final Score: 2.5/5

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#194602) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 21, 2008

Review by Finnforest
3 stars Beatlemania years

I've never been a fan of compilations and still feel they are not for real music fans, and thus I can keep this brief. Getting the full length studio albums is always preferable so one can enjoy the songs in context. But if one insists on buying a Beatles compilation, this was the best one (along with the companion "Blue" album). Here you'll find the "hits" selected from the early years of the debut through Revolver. They do a good job with their selections. As someone who has taken the lonely position that Rubber Soul was better than Revolver, it is somewhat vindicating to see they include six tracks from Rubber Soul and two from Revolver. If you wish to have a simple overview of The Beatles just to round out your collection, without spending large coin on all the albums, buying Red and Blue will get you there.

Send comments to Finnforest (BETA) | Report this review (#247504) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 31, 2009

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars I remember being in my early teens and asking my parents for this collection for Christmas. Naturally, being the great parents that they are, they always encouraged my music development and so one year towards the end of the '90s santa brought me quite an excellent gift!

The red boxed 1962-1966-compilation album consists of all the most popular songs from the Beatles early discography leading up to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (or the Strawberry Fields Forever/Penny Lane single, if you want to be more precise). Since I have never owned a single album by the group prior to the 1965 release Help it was interesting to explore this side of the band's style even though I've probably still managed to hear most of these songs prior to that point. This actually begs the question --- is it even possible to live a life without even unconsciously hearing a song by the Beatles? Of course one can stretch this argument to the most secluded sections of the Amazon Rainforest or even going out in space, even though I'm pretty sure the Beatles have that latter part covered!

Creating this type of a compilation is indeed a difficult task due to the vast amount of excellent material featured from different eras in the band's short but highly influential career. It was quite a bold decision on the part of the creators of this compilation to merely split the the Beatles' career into two section, each covered by one 2-LP/CD compilation album, which in itself could be a subject to criticism. I honestly think that a compilation trilogy, just like the Anthology albums, would have worked a lot better since the 1965-1966 part of the band's career was an interesting transition stage that could easily fill out the required space of 2-LP/CD compilation on its own! Plus, there are quite a few important early titles that are missing from this collection. Twist And Shout, It Won't Be Long, If I Fell, I Should Have Known Better, I'll Follow The Sun, and No Reply, just to name a few.

The 1962-1966-compilation tried to achieve the task of covering the band's early years over the course of just over an hour worth of music, which in itself sounds like an impossible mission! Still, due to the fact that a consistent chronological order was maintained and that most of the important titles from all of the early albums were picked, although the latter part is debatable, I definitely admire the ambition of this early post-the Beatles compilation. If anything it shows a band in development, which in itself is well worth the price of admission!

***** star songs: All My Loving (2:09) Yesterday (2:05) Help! (2:20) Michelle (2:42) Girl (2:31) Eleanor Rigby (2:08) Yellow Submarine (2:37)

**** star songs: Love Me Do (2:24) Please Please Me (2:03) From Me To You (1:57) She Loves You (2:22) I Want To Hold Your Hand (2:27) Can't Buy Me Love (2:14) A Hard Day's Night (2:34) And I Love Her (2:31) Eight Days A Week (2:45) I Feel Fine (2:20) Ticket To Ride (3:11) You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (2:11) We Can Work It Out (2:16) Day Tripper (2:50) Drive My Car (2:28) Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown) (2:05) Nowhere Man (2:44) In My Life (2:27) Paperback Writer (2:19)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#292776) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 30, 2010

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars This is the red album, not as good as the blue album that spanned the more proggy phase of The Beatles. This early phase of The Beatles is full of chart busting pop songs, and wholesome, unimpeachable love songs at that. It builds to some better material from Day Tripper onward. Best songs here are Norwegian Wood (THIS BIRD HAS FLOWN), Nowhere Man, Girl, Paperback Writer and Eleanor Rigby. The pop songs are ok especially 8 Days A Week and A Hard Day's Night. Overall when these albums arrived on vinyl in the 70s Beatles fans were salivating at the new interest in the group. It was kind of a sign that The Beatles were no more, but this compilation captures the innocence of the 60s though has dated incredibly fast. I guess these two compilations could replace the studio albums for those with a passing interest to the group, but to be honest there are far too many compilations these days on The Beatles.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#399502) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 13, 2011

2 stars Yes, it is early Beatles (ad infinitum, ad nauseum) and their pop / rock and roll hits. And what a lot there are. Good bits - well they all are really. I could do without Yellow Submarine (as a kid I hated kid oriented songs) - I actually dug Cream, the Everly Bros! Tull and Uriah Heep! and ki ... (read more)

Report this review (#439171) | Posted by uduwudu | Tuesday, April 26, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is a compilation album which has polarised opinions in PA, I can see. In my view, all homes should have both this compilation CD and in particular the blue 1967-1970 box. Why ? Because both double CDs are the blueprint for the modern music. To be able to understand the western culture; y ... (read more)

Report this review (#250477) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Saturday, November 14, 2009 | Review Permanlink

1 stars This is the first part of the first compilation of The Beatles hits that came out, in 1973. It came as two double LPs and this one, as said, is the first, covering their most famous songs between 1962 and 1966. In other words, it's songs from their Pop era and not much of interest for the Prog f ... (read more)

Report this review (#86343) | Posted by Frasse | Wednesday, August 09, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars These collections, the red and blue double albums, are the only decent collections with the Beatles. I only review one since the exact same words goes for "67-70". Look and the song list and try to remove one song, to me that's very hard. All tracks are obvious collection tracks and fits perfe ... (read more)

Report this review (#70320) | Posted by 1971 | Thursday, February 23, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE BEATLES "1962-1966"