1962-1966

Buy THE BEATLES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1973

Disc 1
1. Love Me Do (2.24)
2. Please Please Me (2.03)
3. From Me To You (1.57)
4. She Loves You (2.22)
5. I Want To Hold Your Hand (2.27)
6. All My Loving (2.09)
7. Can't Buy Me Love (2.14)
8. A Hard Day's Night (2.34)
9. And I Love Her (2.31)
10. Eight Days A Week (2.45)
11. I Feel Fine (2.20)
12. Ticket To Ride (3.11)
13. Yesterday (2.05)

Disc 2
1. Help! (2.20)
2. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (2.11)
3. We Can Work It Out (2.16)
4. Day Tripper (2.50)
5. Drive My Car (2.28)
6. Norwegian Wood (THIS BIRD HAS FLOWN) (2.05)
7. Nowhere Man (2.44)
8. Michelle (2.42)
9. In My Life (2.27)
10. Girl (2.31)
11. Paperback Writer (2.19)
12. Eleanor Rigby (2.08)
13. Yellow Submarine (2.37)

Search THE BEATLES 1962-1966 lyrics

Search THE BEATLES 1962-1966 tabs

- John Lennon / guitars, vocals
- Paul McCartney / bass, vocals
- George Harrison / guitar, vocals
- Ringo Starr / drums, vocals

LP Apple (1973)
CD Apple Corps CDPCSP717 (1993)

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition

THE BEATLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE BEATLES 1962-1966 Music

Abbey RoadAbbey Road
Remastered
EMI 2012
Vinyl$17.99
The BEATLES 45 Rpm 1964 Swan 4152 She Loves You & I'll Get You N/Mint Vinyl US $9.00 [0 bids]
30m 6s
The Beatles 'Here There & Everywhere' Colored Yellow Vinyl 45 Jukebox Only MINT US $17.00 [0 bids]
30m 32s
BEATLES White Album 1968 2-SIDED POSTER ONLY Picutres Lryics FREE US SHIPPING US $39.98 Buy It Now 31m 43s
The Beatles "Memphis/Love Of the Loved" Deccagone Color Vinyl 45rpm Pix Sleeve US $10.50 [2 bids]
32m 50s
THE BEATLES SGT PEPPER'S YELLOW & BLACK PARLOPHONE STEREO UK LP US $100.00 [0 bids]
33m 17s
MN~LP~BEATLES~BEATLES FOR SALE~UK PARLOPHONE~2 BOX EMI US $75.00 Buy It Now 33m 29s
Yesterday: A Solo Piano Tribute to the Music of the Beatles [Slimline] by... US $6.33 Buy It Now 33m 30s
The Beatles in Mono (Japan CD set, Sep-2009, EMI Music Distribution) US $300.00 Buy It Now 33m 32s
10-MINUTE TEACHER THE BEATLES LOVE ME DO GUITAR DVD TUTORIAL LEARN TO PLAY US $7.90 Buy It Now 33m 41s
The Beatles "Sure To Fall"/"Money" Deccagone Color Vinyl 45rpm Picture Sleeve US $10.00 [1 bids]
34m
Radio Show:DECEMBER GOLD! BEATLES, GARY PUCKETT, DYLAN, CARLY SIMON, CAROLE KING US $14.99 Buy It Now 34m 31s
The Beatles Red Album 1962-1966 pcsp 717 12" LP Apple uk import US $29.99 Buy It Now 34m 37s
The Beatles "Searchin'/Like Dreamers Do" Deccagone Color Vinyl 45rpm Pix Sleeve US $10.50 [3 bids]
35m 3s
The Beatles September inThe Rain/Shiek of Araby Deccagone Color Vinyl 45rpm PS US $10.00 [1 bids]
36m 4s
PAUL McCARTNEY - Greatest Hits vol. 2 . 2 CDs Digipack 2008 Beatles US $12.90 Buy It Now 36m 57s
The Beatles - 1962-1966 The Red Album CD [2CDs] Remastered US $3.50 [3 bids]
37m 4s
BEATLES Sgt. Pepper CUT OUTS Mustache/Picture Card/Stripes/Badges/Stand Up ONLY US $30.00 Buy It Now 37m 26s
The Beatles Promo CD 'All You Need is Love/Baby,You're a Rich Man' Near Mint US $30.00 [0 bids]
37m 29s
Rare THE BEATLES Yesterday / You've Got To Hide Your Love Away PHILIPPINES US $14.99 [0 bids]
38m 54s
Vintage - The Early Beatles Capitol Records ST 2309 US $4.99 [0 bids]
41m 32s
The Beatles Something New 1964 US LP Record T-2108 Mono G+/VG US $4.00 [0 bids]
42m 27s
Beatles VI 1965 US LP Record ST-2358 great old Rock & Roll! Vinyl G+/VG++ US $4.00 [1 bids]
42m 27s
BEATLES ~ 1962-1966 - Original 1973 Peru 2LP - VG/VG+ US $59.98 Buy It Now 44m 42s
JOHN LENNON BEATLES PEACE AND LOVE KEY RING SUPERB QUALITY GREAT GIFT IDEA US $17.59 Buy It Now 45m 5s
Connie Francis 7" EP 4 Track 60's MONO PROMO WL Beatles Picture Sleeve Brazil US $49.00 Buy It Now 45m 39s
MN~LP~BEATLES~RUBBER SOUL~UK PARLOPHONE~2 BOX EMI US $75.00 Buy It Now 45m 39s
BEATLES Rubber Soul CD MINI LP US $15.49 Buy It Now 47m 45s
George Harrison ( Beatles) 7" Give Me love / Miss O'Dell- Apple Records 1973 US $4.99 Buy It Now 48m 7s
Paul McCartney & Wings Venus & Mars Lp 1975 Capitol Records Beatles US $4.95 Buy It Now 48m 9s
BEATLES Revolver 1966 CD Taxman Eleanor Rigby Yellow Submarine Good Day Sunshine US $13.59 Buy It Now 48m 49s
The Beatles 'We Can Work It Out/Day Tripper' Colored PINK Vinyl 45 Jukebox Only US $12.00 [0 bids]
49m 16s
VEE JAY BEATLES VJ 581 Please Please Me and From Me To You RAINBOW LABEL US $125.00 Buy It Now 49m 28s
The Beatles - SGT PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND - Capitol - MAS-2653 US $20.50 [18 bids]
49m 50s
Charlie Byrd - Let It Be JAZZ BEATLES SIMON GARFUNKLE US $8.00 [0 bids]
49m 55s
The Beatles Got To Get You In My Life Colored YELLOW Vinyl 45 Jukebox Only MINT US $10.00 [0 bids]
50m 1s
THE BEATLES - Live In Anytown - LP Vinyl NEAR MINT 1974 bootleg W-200 US $40.00 Buy It Now 51m 12s
Free As A Bird by Beatles US $4.48 Buy It Now 51m 47s
rare THE CRESTERS: Do It With Me ~ 1964 Capitol 45 rpm / Beatles-era UK group US $29.95 Buy It Now 53m 11s
The Beatles " RARE BEATLES " NM 1977 Made in Gt Britain Phoenix Records US $29.95 Buy It Now 53m 32s
BEATLES TWIST AND SHOUT INTL SHIP VED 149 ACL OFFERS? US $9.99 Buy It Now 54m 38s
BEATLES DAY TRIPPER/ WE CAN WORK IT OUT APPLE SHIP DEALS VED 150 ACL US $9.99 Buy It Now 54m 38s
MN~LP~BEATLES~EARLY YEARS VOLUME 1~PHOENIX, UK IMPORT US $35.00 Buy It Now 55m 12s
British Invasion 8-track Tape The Beatles Featuring Tony Sheridan US $30.00 Buy It Now 58m 26s
Beatles Hard Day's Night Original Motion Picture Sound Track US $4.75 [0 bids]
58m 31s
BEATLES CD lot of 9 (6seald&3opend) US $39.95 [0 bids]
59m 37s
THE BEATLES HEY JUDE VINYL LP SW-385 US $29.99 [0 bids]
Beatles record abbey road US $1.99 [0 bids]
LOT 3 LP SIXTIES PARTY BEATLES BEACH BOYS ANIMALS SHADOWS NEAR MINT SUPER RARE US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Beatles LOVE CD 26 Songs 1.3 Hours US $2.99 [0 bids]
The BEATLES CORGI DIE CAST SCALE MODEL NEWSPAPER TAXI Brand New and In Box US $28.93 [0 bids]
You've Got To Hide Your Love Away-The Silkie(45RPM,1965,Fontana)Rock-The Beatles US $3.21 Buy It Now 1h 13m
The Beatles "White Album" 2x LP 1C 172-04 173/74 NM John Lennon Paul McCartney US $79.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Choba B CCCP CD Paul McCartney RARE OOP CAPITOL USA CDP 7976152 (THE BEATLES) US $13.00 Buy It Now 1h 14m
BEATLES THE BEATLES 65 US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
THE BEATLES GREATEST PARLOPHONE ODEON HOLLAND COPY US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
THE BEATLES TIMELESS LIMITED EDITION PICTURE DISC SILHOUETTE MUSIC SM 10004 US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
THE BEATLES RAIN/PAPERBACK WRITER w PICTURE SLEEVE US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
THE BEATLES 1962-1966 ,RED VINYL ,2-lp gatefold album, EXCELLENT "The Red Album" US $49.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES meet the LP VG T-2047 USA Mono Capitol Rainbow 1964 Rare 1 BMI US $56.00 Buy It Now 1h 19m
BEATLES - BLUE MERCH BOX 1967-1970 (LTD) NEW CD US $46.28 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Radio Show: FLASHBACK! 11/8/04 JAMES GANG, T-REX, WHO, QUEEN, U2, CARS, BEATLES US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
BEATLES YELLOW SUBMARINE KEY RING BUY 2 & GET 50% OFF THE 2ND ONE! FREE P+H! US $26.38 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Beatles-Please Please Me (VG+) US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 22m
THE BEATLES "PAST MASTERS VOLUME ONE" CASSETTE US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
THE BEATLES a hard days night LP VG+ UAL 3366 Stereo US 1964 Error I CRY INSTEAD US $188.00 Buy It Now 1h 24m
THE BEATLES COLLECTION OF BEATLES OLDIES PARLOPHONE LP US $34.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
LEGENDARY SONGS OF CARL PERKINS MPL PROMO MUSIC PUBLISHING CD BEATLES MINT- US $67.96 Buy It Now 1h 26m
THE BEATLES '65 LP VG+ T-2228 Mono USA Capitol Rainbow #3 1965 Record US $188.00 Buy It Now 1h 26m
The Beatles - She Loves You c/w I'll Get You AR/500 7" JAPAN 45 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
The Beatles-Nowhere Man (PS) MINT US $30.00 Buy It Now 1h 31m
The Beatles - Ticket To Ride c/w Yes It Is AR/400 7" JAPAN 45 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 32m
BEATLES - OCTOPUS GARDEN - USSR Flexi Rare!! US $15.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles-Help (MINT) US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
The Beatles - Help! c/w I'm Down AR/500 7" JAPAN 45 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 34m
1 by The Beatles (CD, Nov-2000, Apple/Capitol) US $2.99 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES 7" X 2 - I WANT TO HOLD YOUR HAND / A HARD DAYS NIGHT. US $16.08 [10 bids]
ABC ROCK RADIO NETWORKS Rolling Stones Continuous History Rock Roll LP BEATLES US $29.95 Buy It Now 1h 37m
SCOTT MUNI World of Rock 2 LP RADIO SET THE BEATLES THE WHO APRIL 1989 US $24.95 Buy It Now 1h 37m
9 mixed eight track tapes one beatles US $20.89 [0 bids]
BEATLES WE CAN WORK IT OUT R5389 MISPRINT 7" 45 US $32.15 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES PLEASE PLEASE ME ASK ME WHY 45-R 4983 PARLOHONE US $16.07 [0 bids]
John Lennon THE PLASTIC ONO BAND Live Peace In Toronto 1969 US CASSETTE Beatles US $8.00 [0 bids]
Let It Be [Let It Be... Naked] by The Beatles (CD, Nov-2003, 2 Discs, Capitol) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
The Beatles 7" flexi EP USSR Here Comes The Sun.... US $15.00 [0 bids]
Radio Show: GOODTIME OLDIES! #97-43 BYRDS, BEATLES, CHAMPS, DEE CLARK, BOB DYLAN US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
THE BEATLES BAND UNIQUE RARE OLDIES BUT GOODIES HARD CASE IPHONE 5 GREAT M US $6.99 [0 bids]
Introducing The Beatles 1964 US LP Record VeeJay VJLP 1062 US $8.99 [0 bids]
The Beatles "1962-1966" Cassette Capitol 1973 FREE SHIPPING in USA 90's printing US $8.00 [0 bids]
The Beatles "She Loves You" Picture Sleeve and 45 rpm US $45.00 Buy It Now 1h 46m
THE BEATLES - I wanna hold your hand/this boy TURKISH PRESSING 7" single 45 RPM US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Vilayant-Bismillah Khan Duets From India ST10483 SHRINK ! w/ BEATLES INNER LP US $35.00 Buy It Now 1h 50m
2 Vintage "The Beatles" 8 Tracks US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 51m
And The Beatles Go On And On Ambrose Brazelton~1971 Children's Education w/BOOK! US $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 51m
THE BEATLES POSTER "SGT PEPPER'S" LICENSED "BRAND NEW" JOHN LENNON, McCARTNEY US $10.51 Buy It Now 1h 52m
BEATLES C.D .s. lot of 9(6 seald&3open) US $33.33 [0 bids]
1983 Beatles Beatlemania Vinyl Record US $19.99 [0 bids]
2h
JOHN LENNON(beatles)/woman/ 1980 45 & pic sleeve US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Radio Show: GOODTIME OLDIES! #97-44 FOUR TOPS, BEATLES, DOVELLS, LULU, TOKENS US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 4m

More places to buy THE BEATLES music online Buy THE BEATLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE BEATLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE BEATLES 1962-1966 ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(40%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(33%)

THE BEATLES 1962-1966 reviews

Review by Guillermo
4 stars In comparison to the "1967-1970" compilation, this album is more a colecction of Hit Singles, but it also includes some very good songs from their albums recorded in that period of years. I think that it was easier to compile, because in those years the band concentrated more in recording short good songs more proper for Radio playing. But by late 1965, with the release of their "Rubber Soul" album, things started to change, and their music became more elaborated and much better in lyrics and in music. By the time they released their "Revolver" album, in 1966, it was clear that the band could not play on stage many of their songs from their "Rubber Soul" and "Revolver" albums, so in their last tour, in 1966, they played mostly songs from their previous years.

The only thing that I really don`t like very much in this compilation is the absence of more songs taken from "Revolver". This compilation only includes "Eleanor Rigby" and "Yellow Submarine" which were released in a single. I think that there were other songs from that album which were better than these.

In terms about musical influences for Prog Rock, I think that the "1967-1970 " compilation is more important. But this "1962-1966" compilation is good anyway, because The Beatles were a very good band from the beginning, so this compilation is very representative of their more Pop Rock songs.

Both compilations (this and the "1967-1970" album) were remastered and re-issued in 1993, being then the first time they were available in the CD format.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#163867) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 14, 2008

Review by progrules
1 stars These are just a bunch of highly commercial pop songs, simple and a collection of songs that caused my everlasting dislike for this band. And the funny thing is: when you say this to Beatlefans they always try to convince you of the fact that you are wrong. How can anyone dislike the Beatles ? I don't know, but I do, I'm sorry for those fans. Popmusic couldn't be more simple than most of the songs on this collection and I never understood why people went crazy for this. Of course it's always possible to say something positive about a certain kind of music. In this case it could be that they are popular tunes, true classics if you like but that's something else than good music let alone good prog. And of course also here rules the famous statement: a matter of taste and there's nothing to be done about that I learned.

In my childhood our family had two double vinyls of The Beatles and those were this red one and (of course) the blue one. And those will be the only ones I will review. I don't want to waste too much of my precious time on this band and will leave it at that. Lucky Beatles !

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#164501) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 21, 2008

Review by J-Man
2 stars 2.5 stars really!!

This is simply a collection of early Beatles hit singles, nothing more nothing less. The Blue Album is less of a compilation of hits like this is, and it is a compilation their good songs, but this is solely just The Beatles hits early on. There's not much explaining to do. Everyone knows PLEASE PLEASE ME and LOVE ME DO from just the way pop culture spreads. But that's all this is. The second disc is much better better than the first because it includes some psychedelic and rock songs, but disc one is simply their early rock and roll songs.

If you don't know much about The Beatles and hate prog, start here. For any prog fan, this is decent rock music, that is better to be left skipped anyway. If you like prog, start with The Blue Album as a compilation, but not this.

4/5 for a rock and roll compilation. 2/5 for a proto-prog compilation.

Final Score: 2.5/5

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#194602) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 21, 2008

Review by Finnforest
3 stars Beatlemania years

I've never been a fan of compilations and still feel they are not for real music fans, and thus I can keep this brief. Getting the full length studio albums is always preferable so one can enjoy the songs in context. But if one insists on buying a Beatles compilation, this was the best one (along with the companion "Blue" album). Here you'll find the "hits" selected from the early years of the debut through Revolver. They do a good job with their selections. As someone who has taken the lonely position that Rubber Soul was better than Revolver, it is somewhat vindicating to see they include six tracks from Rubber Soul and two from Revolver. If you wish to have a simple overview of The Beatles just to round out your collection, without spending large coin on all the albums, buying Red and Blue will get you there.

Send comments to Finnforest (BETA) | Report this review (#247504) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 31, 2009

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars I remember being in my early teens and asking my parents for this collection for Christmas. Naturally, being the great parents that they are, they always encouraged my music development and so one year towards the end of the '90s santa brought me quite an excellent gift!

The red boxed 1962-1966-compilation album consists of all the most popular songs from the Beatles early discography leading up to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (or the Strawberry Fields Forever/Penny Lane single, if you want to be more precise). Since I have never owned a single album by the group prior to the 1965 release Help it was interesting to explore this side of the band's style even though I've probably still managed to hear most of these songs prior to that point. This actually begs the question --- is it even possible to live a life without even unconsciously hearing a song by the Beatles? Of course one can stretch this argument to the most secluded sections of the Amazon Rainforest or even going out in space, even though I'm pretty sure the Beatles have that latter part covered!

Creating this type of a compilation is indeed a difficult task due to the vast amount of excellent material featured from different eras in the band's short but highly influential career. It was quite a bold decision on the part of the creators of this compilation to merely split the the Beatles' career into two section, each covered by one 2-LP/CD compilation album, which in itself could be a subject to criticism. I honestly think that a compilation trilogy, just like the Anthology albums, would have worked a lot better since the 1965-1966 part of the band's career was an interesting transition stage that could easily fill out the required space of 2-LP/CD compilation on its own! Plus, there are quite a few important early titles that are missing from this collection. Twist And Shout, It Won't Be Long, If I Fell, I Should Have Known Better, I'll Follow The Sun, and No Reply, just to name a few.

The 1962-1966-compilation tried to achieve the task of covering the band's early years over the course of just over an hour worth of music, which in itself sounds like an impossible mission! Still, due to the fact that a consistent chronological order was maintained and that most of the important titles from all of the early albums were picked, although the latter part is debatable, I definitely admire the ambition of this early post-the Beatles compilation. If anything it shows a band in development, which in itself is well worth the price of admission!

***** star songs: All My Loving (2:09) Yesterday (2:05) Help! (2:20) Michelle (2:42) Girl (2:31) Eleanor Rigby (2:08) Yellow Submarine (2:37)

**** star songs: Love Me Do (2:24) Please Please Me (2:03) From Me To You (1:57) She Loves You (2:22) I Want To Hold Your Hand (2:27) Can't Buy Me Love (2:14) A Hard Day's Night (2:34) And I Love Her (2:31) Eight Days A Week (2:45) I Feel Fine (2:20) Ticket To Ride (3:11) You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (2:11) We Can Work It Out (2:16) Day Tripper (2:50) Drive My Car (2:28) Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown) (2:05) Nowhere Man (2:44) In My Life (2:27) Paperback Writer (2:19)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#292776) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 30, 2010

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars This is the red album, not as good as the blue album that spanned the more proggy phase of The Beatles. This early phase of The Beatles is full of chart busting pop songs, and wholesome, unimpeachable love songs at that. It builds to some better material from Day Tripper onward. Best songs here are Norwegian Wood (THIS BIRD HAS FLOWN), Nowhere Man, Girl, Paperback Writer and Eleanor Rigby. The pop songs are ok especially 8 Days A Week and A Hard Day's Night. Overall when these albums arrived on vinyl in the 70s Beatles fans were salivating at the new interest in the group. It was kind of a sign that The Beatles were no more, but this compilation captures the innocence of the 60s though has dated incredibly fast. I guess these two compilations could replace the studio albums for those with a passing interest to the group, but to be honest there are far too many compilations these days on The Beatles.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#399502) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 13, 2011

2 stars Yes, it is early Beatles (ad infinitum, ad nauseum) and their pop / rock and roll hits. And what a lot there are. Good bits - well they all are really. I could do without Yellow Submarine (as a kid I hated kid oriented songs) - I actually dug Cream, the Everly Bros! Tull and Uriah Heep! and ki ... (read more)

Report this review (#439171) | Posted by uduwudu | Tuesday, April 26, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is a compilation album which has polarised opinions in PA, I can see. In my view, all homes should have both this compilation CD and in particular the blue 1967-1970 box. Why ? Because both double CDs are the blueprint for the modern music. To be able to understand the western culture; y ... (read more)

Report this review (#250477) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Saturday, November 14, 2009 | Review Permanlink

1 stars This is the first part of the first compilation of The Beatles hits that came out, in 1973. It came as two double LPs and this one, as said, is the first, covering their most famous songs between 1962 and 1966. In other words, it's songs from their Pop era and not much of interest for the Prog f ... (read more)

Report this review (#86343) | Posted by Frasse | Wednesday, August 09, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars These collections, the red and blue double albums, are the only decent collections with the Beatles. I only review one since the exact same words goes for "67-70". Look and the song list and try to remove one song, to me that's very hard. All tracks are obvious collection tracks and fits perfe ... (read more)

Report this review (#70320) | Posted by 1971 | Thursday, February 23, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE BEATLES "1962-1966"