Tangerine Dream - Rubycon CD (album) cover

RUBYCON

Tangerine Dream

Progressive Electronic

rgmeli64
5 stars Between 1974 and 1980 TD released their - IMHO - best works in a continuum of discovering of new sounds, research and development of the possibilities that the new machines allowed, and last but of course not least huge tons of musical talents in the compositions and arranging of the general background.

In fact I love all the music they did in that period but of course the intensity of the affection to each album is different. That´s the reason why I find the 5 stars rate slighty limited to fullfix in every dimension the note for the albums reviewed.

I say these things because at least 4 of the albums in that period deserve in my opinion the five stars. There´s is no other way of marking differences between them than rating "Rubycon" as 100/100 on the hundred percent scale.

For me this is the capital work - together with Timewind that curiously is also of 1975 - of the electronic music and each and everytime I hear it I realise how good work this is. An obscure work, obsesive ambients - a good horror movie soundtrack like other reviewers have said - and the perfect mix of the better of the technologies they dispose at that time. Yes there were the mellotrons but mixed with the new sequences obtained of the evolution of the modular moogs. There were organs and piano and overall there were the inmmense talent of a perfect trio of musicians that took the genere to a new dimmension.

If you´re about to explore the progressive electronic you must take a listen to this one, relax and let yourself go. It´s only 37 minutes but the journey returns each and everytime you start the spin. An absolute masterpiece. Enjoy

rgmeli64 | 5/5 |