Anthony Phillips - The Geese And The Ghost CD (album) cover

Anthony Phillips

4 stars Goodness! I hadn't heard this work for many years. I owned it on record but never made the switch to CD. Well, this past weekend I changed that and picked up a CD copy of this album. What a treat! This is so pastoral and wonderful. Anthony Phillips shows the depth of his musical genius. This has all the ingredients of a classic album, except, perhaps, the production quality. It's not bad, it just could be better. But everything else, the musicianship, the melodies, the songs, are top-notch. There is some beautiful double 12-string guitar play with Mike Rutherford. Phil Collins also puts in two of his best vocal performances - ever! A real trip down memory lane for me. It is also a trip back in history to a more un-cluttered, peaceful existence. 4.5 stars!
| 4/5 |