Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick CD (album) cover

THICK AS A BRICK

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

Lord Anon
5 stars One of my desert island discs. It's a complex prog joke concept album ... but to me the seriousness has always lay in the joke. When I review serious Jethro Tull I find that often the best vitriol is hidden in a jolly tune Warchild being the clearest example. So why I says this album was a hoax concept album, I personally find in the joke lies the serious.

Ok enough philosophy, the music is the best Tull produced challenging the listener yet having enough comfort points not to alienate the listener. Acoustic, heavy rock, eccentricity, comedy brilliance. Need I say more?

Lord Anon | 5/5 |