Pink Floyd - Take It Back CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

4 stars My favourite song from "The Divison Bell" album, it also was released as a single in 1994 after the album was released. My C.D. copy of this single (made in the U.S.) only has the full-lenght version of this song plus a live recording of "Astronomy Domine" recorded in the first concert of their 1994 tour, in Florida, in March 1994, in a rainy weather, as one review of that concert said in the now defunct British Vox Magazine that I bought that year.

"Take It Back" was a very good choice for a single, IMO. It has very good "dreamy keyboards" in the background, with some guitars sounding a bit similar to those played by guitarist The Edge in the band U2, but I think that David Gilmour was also a pioneer in the use of these "atmospheric" guitars (like in the song "Run Like Hell", from "The Wall" album). The promotional video for this song also was very "dreamy" in image, also very good. I saw it only once in one TV channel in my city.

The live version of "Astronomy Domine" included in this C.D. single is different to the live version included in their live album called "Pulse", which was released in 1995. The main difference is the addition of synthesizers played by Jon Carin. The live version included in "Pulse" doesn`t have these synthesizers, and it only has an organ played by Rick Wright.

Guillermo | 4/5 |