Header
Camel - Pressure Points - Live in Concert CD (album) cover

PRESSURE POINTS - LIVE IN CONCERT

Camel

 

Symphonic Prog

2.59 | 32 ratings

From Progarchives.com, the ultimate progressive rock music website

belz
Prog Reviewer
2 stars 1.8/5.0 I have to agree with erik neuteboom on this one; as much as I like Camel this DVD is not very good. For me too this was my first Camel DVD and I was disappointed as the first 75% of it is simply boring to death with lot of 'new' songs (back then) which are simply bad. The remaining 25% is good, with some excerpts from "The Snow Goose" and of course "Lady Fantasy", but even there there is more emphasis made on the face Andy Latimer makes when he plays guitar then anything else. Moreover, the keyboards sound too much like a keyboard of the 80s (of course the show was in 1984, but still, what a horrible sound!). As much as "The Snow Goose" theme is great on the original album, on this DVD it sounds like if your little sister was playing it on her 40$ Fischer-Price toy.

Overall, the show is not that great, the songs are not, the way it was recorded is not good either, and the instruments chosen do not contribute to keep alive Camel masterpieces. The fact that the crowd was nearly sleeping before "Lady Fantasy" is another sign that this was probably not the best show to put on a DVD. But still, this is Camel, and I had fun watching/listening to the last songs! 1.8/5.0

belz | 2/5 |

MEMBERS LOGIN ZONE

As a registered member (register here if not), you can post rating/reviews (& edit later), comments reviews and submit new albums.

You are not logged, please complete authentication before continuing (use forum credentials).

Share this CAMEL review

>

Review related links

Copyright Prog Archives, All rights reserved. | Legal Notice | Privacy Policy | Advertise | GeoIP Services by MaxMind | RSS + syndications

Other sites in the MAC network: JazzMusicArchives.com — the ultimate jazz music virtual community | MetalMusicArchives.com — the ultimate metal music virtual community


Server processing time: 0.02 seconds