David Gilmour - On An Island CD (album) cover

David Gilmour

4 stars I am simply adoring this album. Let's make it plain this is not a PF album, and comparisons to PF material a ludicrus. From the first spin tho, I was in love! Melodic, inspiring, passionate, gentle, yet thoughtful. This album is gently jazzy, it has such beautiful melodies that you feel as tho you are bathing in chocolate! Fav tracks are "Smile" which has quite a Neil Young feel, and "A pocketful of Stones" which is a simply stunning track that we are playing over and over and delving deeper and deeper into. Perfect. In Dave's shoes I would sit back and be very content and pleased with this, it's divine!
Wilcey | 4/5 |