Solaris - Marsbéli Krónikák (The Martian Chronicles) CD (album) cover

MARSBÉLI KRÓNIKÁK (THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES)

Solaris

1971
5 stars I found this Hungarian jewel thanks to Prog Archives, and I don't know much about the band itself. So I thought I'd better be humble in my words about this album, and describe it to those not yet discovered it.

As you know, 1984 wasn't really a time of appreciation of pretentious music, and the bands that used to be pretentious were at this point eager to produce radio hits. Keeping this in mind, this album is a very nice discovery for every proghead! The music is all instrumental and I have NEVER heard synthesizers melt together with rock with a result this good! Fabulous! There are lots of resemblances to old-school symphonic prog here, but I think it's also quite unique and odd in a fashinating way. Maybe/probably it's the dominating synthesizers that makes it special. I don't know if I'm wrong here, but isn't the best musical discoverys those who are a bit odd? or a bit out of it's own time?

1971 | 5/5 |