Leech - If We Get There One Day, Would You Please Open The Gates? CD (album) cover

IF WE GET THERE ONE DAY, WOULD YOU PLEASE OPEN THE GATES?

Leech

Post Rock/Math rock

The Truth
5 stars Last year my listening was chock full of great post-rock releases from notable bands such as This Will Destroy You and Mogwai, but this year has not been filled with as many post-rock greats, just more ambient, indie rock and similar genres. Leech's album this year is truly the only post-rock record thus far that has really captivated me.

This was my introduction to Leech, and now I know I need to get more from them, this album is layered perhaps more beautifully than any other post-rock record I've heard, not limited to the status quo of post-rock instruments but at times even a sax is brought in for brilliant results. It's just little quirks like that and the raw emotion that has become synonymous with post-rock breathes new life in this record.

Post-rock fans will love it, newcomers to post-rock will get addicted just by letting there ears into this album's beauty. Definitely I five star performance by Leech and I look forward to a future listen of their previous record.

The Truth | 5/5 |