Pink Floyd - Learning To Fly (promo single) CD (album) cover

LEARNING TO FLY (PROMO SINGLE)

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

AtomicCrimsonRush
Symphonic Team
3 stars Learning to Fly is a brilliant track, my favourite on the "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" album. It works well live also and is atmospheric with lyrics that perfectly capture the thrill and dangers of flight. It is certainly a powerful song and there are 2 versions on the single, the album track and an edited radio friendly version which is almost identical apart from the extended musical moments.

The single is rare these days and the sleeve design is rather strange, having nothing to do with the album cover design by Storm. It is for collectors but I think the song is terrific and really captures the exhilaration of flight especially in a small plane soaring high over the horizon, and I think of it everytime I am airborne in flight.

AtomicCrimsonRush | 3/5 |