Sylvan - Sceneries CD (album) cover

SCENERIES

Sylvan

steve h
5 stars I can only say that I enjoy this album. Each part can be enjoyed as a seperate song as I have found on my ipod on shuffle. Each song can be enjoyed as a whole without getting boring. There are no throw away sections which is rare for any album. I wonder if my taste in music has become a little stagnant and emotional lyrics have become my mainstay. All I can say is that this has become an easy and at times an epic listen depending on my mood. I hope that the new marillion album can achieve this standard in terms of layers and vocal performance.

This is surely where Sylvan should concentrate their creative flair. I did not enjoy artificial paradise or force of gravity but gained some insight into their potential with posthomous silence and moments of presets. I hope there will be more of this in the future.

steve h | 5/5 |