Citizen Cain - Serpents In Camouflage CD (album) cover

Citizen Cain

2 stars Ug. I had saved this for last, as I kept reading that it was very much like early Marillion. Now, I like early Marillion to a certain extent, and I really like Citizen Cain, so I decided to get it if for no other reason than to have all of CCs albums. Well, it is very much in the 80's neo prog style. Again, something I can enjoy if done well. But I don't think this is done well. It seems very drawn out and plodding to me, and just does nothing for me (unlike Marillions early albums). As much as I like this band I can't give it more than 2 stars. If you like neo, you might like this, but even then I can't see it being a "must have" album.
| 2/5 |