Camel - Harbour Of Tears CD (album) cover

3 stars 2.7/5.0This is a slight improvement over the last album, but still, am I missing something? I don't understand the 4 or 5 stars some people gave on this album. Firstly, this is not a prog album, but a celtic music album with a light prog touch. Secondly, this is still closer to a pop album than to prog. And finally, as good or sad as the theme is (Irish people going to America) the music is not as emotional as it should be and feels more mechanical at some point. When listening to some songs (like "Coming of Age", as an example) I had the impression Latimer was trying to go for a Moonmadness II or a Snow Goose II; in other words I had the impression he was trying to copy what Camel once was instead of really creating something new.

That said, I do like "Coming of Age" and much of the album! This is a good album, but still, far from been an essential one! 2.7/5.0

belz | 3/5 |