Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick CD (album) cover

THICK AS A BRICK

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

gimsom
3 stars Jethro Tull is an interresting band and so is their Thick As A Brick album. Widely considered as masterpiece and vast majority regards it as ultimate masterpiece of prog folk. I must say that i disagree strongly. I love the beginning of the first part, I think its possibly the best start that prog folk can have. The first five minutes are pure bliss, perfect. Unfortunately rest of the album wont work so well. The album changes to less harmonic and partly very noisy. Also the exellent singing in the beginning doesn't remain its magic.

One of the weakest parts of the album is that it strongly repeats itself. That might work with some albums, but Thick As A Brick isn't one of those. It is also hard to tell the difference betveen many parts during the album. Do remember that this is just my opinion. You might like it very much, since opinion of this album varies betveen persons. If you like prog folk this is definedly a must have!

Overall : 3 stars Good, but non-essential (unless youre a prog folk fan). Remember just my opinion!

gimsom | 3/5 |