Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There?  CD (album) cover

IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE?

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Mr. Mustard
2 stars Since this is a live album I will not go over the music specifically, my other review on The Wall covers it nicely.

There are a few differences between this and the studio version which I actually prefer. Firstly, despite being live, these guys very accurately nailed the music on the studio album. But more so, the live sound actually adds a certain something that the rather bland studio album misses.

Secondly, there are a few discrepancies between songs. For example, I especially like the extended solos on 'Mother' and 'Comfortably Numb' which are not present on the studio version. 'Young Lust' has a fatter sounding bass, and there are some other minor things which make a bit of a difference. Of course, the ambiance of being live really adds to the concept of the whole story.

I will give this album the same rating, as I still believe it is musically pretty weak and inconsistent, but it is the album I would recommend if someone did want to get The Wall.

4/10