Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III CD (album) cover

LED ZEPPELIN III

Led Zeppelin

Mr. Mustard
2 stars Zeppelin took a dramatic turn of events with their third album by incorporating folk in large quantities. Unfortunately for me I'm simply not much of a folk fan at all.

Most of the folk sound can be found in 'Friends,' 'Tangerine,' 'That's the Way,' 'Bron-Y-Aur-Stomp' and 'Hats Off.' It's not as if they are terrible, they just seem overly simple and light and just do nothing for me.

I'm more pleased with the more rock songs in 'Immigrant Song,' 'Celebration Day,' and 'Since I've Been Loving You,' but even then most of them don't compare to what was on the previous album.

I would say this is nice to revisit once in a while, but is hardly Zeppelin's best.

4/10