Opeth - Ghost Reveries CD (album) cover

GHOST REVERIES

Opeth

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Warthur
3 stars Opeth and me don't get along, despite the fact that I've given them more chances than usual. With so many prog and metal fans lauding their work, I keep feeling as though I should give them another spin, but each time they just leave me cold again.

Ghost Reveries is a case in point, an album which I can't deny is well-performed but at the same time doesn't speak to me on any level. It doesn't really establish any sort of atmosphere or convey to me any sort of emotion, or even particularly impress me technically speaking. I can't rate it too low because I can't really put my finger on any blatant flaws, but I can't give it one of the higher ratings because I can't find any particular strengths either.

Warthur | 3/5 |