Pat Metheny - We Live Here (Pat Metheny Group) CD (album) cover

Pat Metheny

4 stars The epitome of jazz fusion, with a progressive tone throughout. I remember hearing this for the fist time. It was like nothing I had ever heard before. "The girls next door" is a kind of urban shuffle. Tracks such as "To the end of the world" and "Episode d'Azur" can be spun forever without getting tired of them. Pay close attention to the muted piano playing of Lyle Mays on "To the end of the world", he is unbelievable. Were this a fusion site, I would give it 10 stars.......however, for progressive elements only, I will have to give it only 4 stars. Enjoy.
ProgFusion | 4/5 |