Devin Townsend - Physicist CD (album) cover

Devin Townsend

Experimental/Post Metal

voliveira
2 stars 4/10

I could not hear it over twice.

Biomech was a flawless masterpiece, Infinity had his moments, but that here, so here ... hum, hum. Sorry, Devy, but this time you are not enchanted me. His attempt to cross the sound of his solo career with the Strapping Young Lad was, in my view, wasting time.

An album that not even Devin like, I would not really would appreciate it. Physicist is disjointed, noisy, almost inaudible, I'd say. There are some moments that are worth (Forgotten reminds me of the quality of albums predecessors), but overall it's all shouting and uproar. Oh, and the production is awful, too.

2 stars, and I'm being relatively merciful.

voliveira | 2/5 |