Trees - The Garden Of Jane Delawney CD (album) cover

Prog Folk

3 stars After purchasing this cd last week I got to say I'm slightly disapointed.Usually I trust SeanTrane's instincts,but he failed me this time.Not that this album is bad by any stretch,but I expected a real gem of folk music,in my opinion I did'nt get one.Whole discs is pretty flat,although I really enjoyed long instrumental passages,but somehow,as a whole,Cella Humphris voice does'nt fit with it.On the other hand,purely accoustic songs are more in sync and they remind me of Spirogyra.Now,despite of all,I will try and check other album by the band "On the shore" 'cause I'm a sucker for all early seventies stuff.
ljubaspriest | 3/5 |