Tool - Lateralus CD (album) cover

LATERALUS

Tool

Experimental/Post Metal

Tasartir
5 stars TOOL's masterpiece. I can't describe how good this album is.

Danny is incredible, he's hands down the best drummer I've ever heard. Not only can he be fast, and play the most amazing drum rolls or anything, he also has an amazing amount of feeling, plus he knows when to add a fill at the right time. This is an incredible ability for a drummer, most just seem to look for the spot in the song when they can just band away, this is not the case with Danny, he actually looks for the place where he can play less and in that way less is more because the feeling becomes eerie, atmospheric, calm, haunting, great.

Adam and Justin also have their best performances in this disc, but Dannu and Maynard steal the show. Maynard, as always, gives the longest screams, the most melodic screams, the feeling, it's amazing, he feels every note and gives it all he's got.

Every song is amazing, and even though some people might disagree the only filler song on here is Faaip de Oiad, which is not exactly worth it, even though it's a great ending to a haunting album nevertheless.

If you're looking for amazing musicianship, complex time signatures, metaphysical lyrics, metal riffs, and some jungle-like drumming this is definetely for you. Danny is incredible, and I'm not even a drummer, Danny is probably orgasmic for drummers who actually understand what he's doing.

5 stars, no less, if I could I'd give it an extra star!

Tasartir | 5/5 |