2066 & Then - Reflections On The Future CD (album) cover

REFLECTIONS ON THE FUTURE

2066 & Then

Eria Tarka
5 stars There is a rare occasion where upon first listen of an album I just burst out laughing. Not because I find the album humourous or plain silly, but because I realize that I have just found an album that is so amazing that I can't contain myself. This is one of those occasions.

At My Home is the first track of this Heavy Prog Powerhouse. This song really gets you in the mood as it's a nice "heavy rocker". It immediately drew me in and gave me a great idea of what the rest of this album would be.

Autum shows more complexity but is still a very satisfying heavy rock tune. This track features excellent all-around musicianship and will appeal to just about everyone.

Butterking is an exciting peice with excellent vocals by Geff Harrison (In some parts I can hear traces of Robert Wyatt). This track is mainly vocal with less emphasis on the musicianship but still manages to be incredibly captivating.

Reflections On The Future is the great work of this Masterpiece of an album. There's not much to say about this one it features dazzling musicianship, and a nice hopping chorus, this song is perfect!

How Would You Feel is easily the weakest track on this record, but It's hard not to be when compared to the first four tracks. The band takes a softer approach to this song and it's not bad, It serves as a nice break from the madness of the rest of this album.

This record is absolutely essential! I easily rate this album with 5 stars, and it deserves every last one of them. Everyone must hear this album, It is a must have for an Progressive Music fan.

Eria Tarka | 5/5 |