REFLECTIONS ON THE FUTURE

Studio Album, released in 1972

1. At my Home (5:12)
2. Autumn (9:24)
3. Butterking (7:24)
4. Reflections on the Future (16:17)
5. How do you feel (3:26)

Search TWENTY SIXTY SIX AND THEN Reflections On The Future lyrics

Guests:
- Wolfgang Schönbrot / flute
- Curt Cress / drums

LP U.A.-UAS 29314-Ger-1972

TWENTY SIXTY SIX AND THEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TWENTY SIXTY SIX AND THEN Reflections On The Future Music

More places to buy TWENTY SIXTY SIX AND THEN music online Buy TWENTY SIXTY SIX AND THEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TWENTY SIXTY SIX AND THEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TWENTY SIXTY SIX AND THEN Reflections On The Future ratings distribution

TWENTY SIXTY SIX AND THEN Reflections On The Future reviews

Review by Warthur
3 stars Here's a little heavy psych oddity from Germany which has languished in obscurity (though alternate performances of the tracks can be found on the Reflections On the Past collection), and I can't say it's an obscurity which is really surprising because to be honest this isn't anything very special when it comes to early 1970s hard psych. Lacking the eccentricity of a Brainticket, not as heavy as early Hawkwind or High Tide, and not as original or groundbreaking as countrymen like Tangerine Dream or Amon Duul II, Twenty Sixty Six and Then turn in a competent performance but don't do much that's memorable or which would convince me to revisit this album on a regular basis.

It's not outright incompetent and if you like the heavy psych style you probably won't be bored. Let's just say, though, that I wouldn't recommend spending a large amount of money in acquiring a copy.

Review by friso
4 stars Twenty Sixty Six and Then - Reflection on the Future

One of Germany's heavy psych classics, an album in the Vanilla Vudge, Deep Purple, Atomic Rooster, Birth Control, ELP & Uriah Heep tradion with heavy keyboard, guitars and a blazing rhythmical section - perhaps even the wildest among this group of bands. Released in 1972, the album arrives two years to late to get a honest chance; by now experimental seventies rock had progressied in new directions and sixties sounds were complety dated. However, the thirty minutes of music of the first two tracks and the epic on the second side could easily be seen as top notch five star progressive rock.

Now the overall sound is very heavy and enthusiastic vocals of Englishman Geff Harrison (no silly German accents here) are truly exciting! The instrumental opening section of 'At my Home' sets the room on fire with ELP like keyboard and heavy guitar, and the vocalist his dominance over the rest of the band comes as a total suprise. The next track 'Autumn' runs over nine minutes and shows how the band is more progressive then most of the bands mentioned in the review. 'Butterking' has ugly mellotrons, silly vocals and like everything that can go wrong in progressive rock. I recommend skipping it, though I must admit it has some above average moments. On side two the epic title track 'Reflection on the Future' bring seventeen minutes more of what made the first two tracks so great. In the opening section the main theme sounds suprisingly much like the couplet theme of Alphataurus' 'La mente vola' which was released in 1973 (a year later). The closing track is a nice song, but it suffers from the unsteady recording.

Conclusion. Thirty minutes of some of the most brutal and enthusiastic symphonic heavy prog I have in my collection. Shortcomings can be overcome, especially with the digital format (I myself own the vinyl). Four stars, recommended to fans of beforementioned bands and hidden gem seekers in general.

5 stars There is a rare occasion where upon first listen of an album I just burst out laughing. Not because I find the album humourous or plain silly, but because I realize that I have just found an album that is so amazing that I can't contain myself. This is one of those occasions. At My Home is the f ... (read more)

Report this review (#800548) | Posted by Eria Tarka | Sunday, August 05, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Disclaimer: First of all- If you haven't already, then you NEED TO HEAR THIS ALBUM ON VINYL. It is the best way to hear this type of music. CD's (and YouTube, especially) do not do it proper justice. Music-Lovers: There is no excuse, not even the moderately higher price, to justify not listening t ... (read more)

Report this review (#634961) | Posted by VitaNova | Thursday, February 16, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars super album from this super band, it evoke some of the hard rock with keybord bands of that time, but it have some flute pasagges super great, highly recommend, 7+ minutes all song and all songs greats, my favorite tune is the 16 minutes with Reflections On the Future. A musthave. ... (read more)

Report this review (#133633) | Posted by Iommi | Saturday, August 18, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Believe it or not, this is the best all-time rock album by a German group (o.k., the singer is English)! It includes everything you like: Organ-based hardrock (At my home), great prog- tunes with many shifts in rhythm an melody (Autumn and the titletrack) and the most extraordinary track (Butte ... (read more)

Report this review (#108126) | Posted by ekaton | Saturday, January 20, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TWENTY SIXTY SIX AND THEN "Reflections On The Future"