This Town Needs Guns - Animals CD (album) cover

This Town Needs Guns

3 stars This Town Needs Guns has a unique sound, mixing math rock and pop-rock. Instrumentally the band is good, but the vocals are definitely "pop-rock" vocals, which I must confess I found somewhat annoying after a while. The result is catchy music, but I found myself getting tired with the album because all the songs sound similar. It's worth listening to, but I don't think the album is exceptional, and I'm mostly left with the band's overall sound instead of any really memorable or moving music. If you enjoy more pop-oriented "crossover prog", then you might really enjoy Animals, but it is not essential to a prog collection.

Rating: 6/10