Pat Metheny - Orchestrion CD (album) cover

ORCHESTRION

Pat Metheny

Argonaught
4 stars What can I say? I was a little cautious about the fact that Pat Metheny plays on all the instruments in this album, but it seems to have worked out just fine.

The musicianship on average is competent at the very least, the drums being probably the least remarkable - which is fully compensated by the excellent guitar work.

The compositions are extremely well balanced: rich in texture and sound, but still fluid and smooth-flowing; complex, but not crowded; slightly out-of-focus in a cute dreamy way, but without any blurriness or smudginess ... in short, a great professional accomplishment that has certainly exceeded my expectations. What pleasant music to listen to!

I would give it 4.5 stars, but since there isn't such thing, I will have to round it down to 4?

Argonaught | 4/5 |