Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon CD (album) cover

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

AEProgman
5 stars For my 2nd review, it needed to be Dark Side of the Moon, as this and Close to the Edge by Yes were my intro into prog and started the eternal search for the sounds that would make the goose pimples and the hair of my limbs stand on end.

This album in musical structure is not complicated, but almost every note, chord, and sound are perfectly placed and filled with heartfelt emotion. Gilmour's leads throughout are ones that I can imitate in my head (or verbally when it is playing which causes those nearby to cringe) as it seems to strike a personal resonance within.

Waters' lyrical writing perfectly fit the times and still holds its own. Richard Wright's (RIP) psychedelic keyboards were influential in creating my future musical tastes.

The track, Time is still one of my favorites still today.

4.5 Stars which I will round up to 5 due to its influence on my musical tastes. (I know, my first 2 reviews are 5's, but consider the 2 albums).

AEProgman | 5/5 |