Hero - Hero CD (album) cover

HERO

Hero

Dobermensch
2 stars Forever to remain lost in the depths of time and space and quite rightly so. There's a colossal amount of music like this from the same period and the less unusual ones somehow deserve to be lost in a black hole. There's nothing original about this sole album from 'Hero'. It's a run-of- the-mill early 70's prog album with all the usual trappings. Occasionally hard prog, a wee bit bluesy and mostly forgettable.

It's middling to average throughout it's entirety with nothing really lousy and nothing really great. Robert Deller's voice whilst not bad may leave you cringing in embarrassment at the cod English accent on display. There's some big slabs of ugly Hammond Organ too which I have an unusual aversion to.

I do like the unique artwork on the cover however. It's instantly recognisable amongst my cd collection. That's about the best I can say of this recording I'm afraid. It's certainly not going to make it to the top of anyone's 'favourite album of all time' list.

Dobermensch | 2/5 |