Tool - Schism CD (album) cover

SCHISM

Tool

Experimental/Post Metal

int_2375
4 stars Ok, same thing I said about the Parabola DVD, I'm not reviewing this on the amount of material. All thats on this DVD is a 7 minute music video, some commentary, and an ambient remix.

The video is very well done, but not the meticulous piece of work that Parabola is. The actors are two contortionists who hung from bungee cords during their live shows, but the name of the group escapes me at the moment. They are also briefly seen in the movie "Men in Black II" doing the same type of strange head-bobbing as in this video. Most of the video is them, performing weird antics around the very nice set, complimented by the beautiful lighting. Towards the end there are some well done surrealist bits and a rhythmically moving cgi fire which I feel is a little out of place.

The song is great, the most popular (although my least favorite) from the Lateralus album, and the one that one them a Grammy for Best Metal Performance (as if that means anything to anyone on this site).

Overall its a good package, but not of equal quality to the Parabola DVD.

int_2375 | 4/5 |