Devin Townsend - Accelerated Evolution (The Devin Townsend Band) CD (album) cover

ACCELERATED EVOLUTION (THE DEVIN TOWNSEND BAND)

Devin Townsend

Experimental/Post Metal

voliveira
4 stars 7/10

For me, this is simply more of the same. Accelerated Evolution is the first album of Devin Townsend Band, and is a crossover between the heavy and the accessible, which works well to a certain level. However I must admit that I see with this album somewhat of a letdown after the brilliant masterpiece that was Terria.

(well, at least he saved us screams and growls, though I have learned to deal with them)

I really just wanted to know why most of the songs are in C. That's a bit tired, but Devy is a prodigious musician and knows how to keep the listener's attention. Away, the penultimate track, reminds me of his first album, with some ambient effects and a melodic guitar. Deadhead is also very good, also as the last, the hard-rock Slow me Down. But overall this album comes down after magistrality its predecessor.

3.5 stars, rounded up. Just because I'm a fan too, Devy.

voliveira | 4/5 |