Kaipa - Vittjar CD (album) cover

VITTJAR

Kaipa

Richens
5 stars This is an immensely good album. I only really got switched on to Kaipa when I heard their previous album 'In the Wake of Evolution'. I thought ITWOE was a great album and 'Vittjar' continues where ITWOE left off.

Vittjar is slightly heavier and more raucous than ITWOE, but it all works so beautifully. From the combined vocals of Lundstrom and Gibson to the brilliant guitar work of Nilsson, it all comes together to create a powerhouse of sound. It is insanely melodic, brilliantly infectious in its depth and possibly my favourite release of 2012.

All the tracks are superb, but at this time, my personal favourites are 'Lightblue and Green' and 'A Universe of Tinyness'. It's a great album. Go and buy it!

Richens | 5/5 |