Genesis - Duke CD (album) cover

DUKE

Genesis

Frasse
3 stars Duke is the first album I've heard by Genesis and therefore it's my introduction to the band.

With "Duke's Travel" and "Duke's End" as the best tracks of the record, without competition, I must say that it's quite a good introduction

Other fine tracks on the album is the four first; "Behind the Lines", "Duchess", "Guide Voca"l and "Man of our Times". The three first being merged to a suite.

The album spawned two hits; "Misunderstanding" and "Turn It on Again". Misunderstanding isn't that good but Turn It on Again must surely be the best pop song they've ever done.

The rest of the album consists of quite anonymous pop/rock songs. "Cul-de-Sac" is the best and the most proggy of them.

Frasse | 3/5 |