Spiral Architect - A Sceptic's Universe CD (album) cover

A SCEPTIC'S UNIVERSE

Spiral Architect

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

OpethGuitarist
2 stars A leader in the field of technical progressive metal established itself on this album. But what exactly is the purpose of all of this? I think, these guys can play, no doubt about that, but what is the purpose to do what they do, other than to be labeled perhaps the most technical band in the world?

I think of this band, and this album, like I think of many of the "top guitar players" today. Like your Michael Angelo's and George Bellas's. Yea, sure, they've got a lot of talent, and I give them major kudos for the work they've spent mastering their instrument.

Unfortunately for many of these players, they haven't mastered music, which is what I am trying to judge.

OpethGuitarist | 2/5 |