Phish - A Live One  CD (album) cover

A LIVE ONE

Phish

theblastocyst
4 stars This is the very first album I got from Phish and it instantly made me a fan. I have recommended this double disc to so many people and have created so many other phish fans as a result from it. This album has selected songs from various shows from their 1994 tour. It has an excellent version of the song Stash that I think many of the people on this site will enjoy. Another song that's an excellent version is You Enjoy Myself that I know for a fact that everyone would love at this site. Those two, and the very long version of Tweezer (clocking in at a little over a half hour) are perfect examples of what this band is all about. Creating well written structured songs and creating new/different ideas every time they play them live. Don't bother getting any of their studio albums (except for maybe Junta). These guys are known as one of the greatest live acts in the past 20 years and I am blessed that I got to see these genius's play at several shows. They were the best concerts I've ever been to. So if you wanna hear some real talent, then pick up this cd or any other live album of there's.

PS. Don't even bother listening to the example they give you on this site. It shows the softer side of this band and is a terrible representation of what Phish's style is. (No offense progarchives guys)

theblastocyst | 4/5 |