A LIVE ONE

rock music collection

Buy PHISH Music
Live, released in 1995

Disc one (62:32)
1. Bouncing around the room (4:08)
2. Stash (12:32)
3. Gumbo (5:15)
4. Montana (2:04)
5. You enjoy myself (20:57)
6. Chalk dust torture (6:48)
7. Slave to the traffic light (10:48)

Disc two (67:25)
1. Wilson (5:07)
2. Tweezer (30:55)
3. Simple (4:53)
4. Harry Hood (15:11)
5. The squirming coil (11:19)

Search PHISH A Live One lyrics

- Dave Grippo / alto saxophone
- James Harvey / trombone
- Michael Ray / trumpet

2xCD Elektra 9 61777

PHISH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PHISH A Live One Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
FuegoFuego
ATO Records 2014
Joy [Vinyl]Joy [Vinyl]
JEMP RECORDS 2009
Vinyl$15.99
Phish: Ventura (6xCD)Phish: Ventura (6xCD)
JEMP Records 2013
DVD$21.56
A Live One by Phish (CD, Jun-1995, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label)) USD $2.00 [0 bids]
USD $3.00 Buy It Now
PHISH A Live One 2 CD Set Elektra 61777 USD $3.00 Buy It Now 19h 8m
A Live One by Phish (CD, Jun-1995, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label digipack full booklet USD $2.99 [0 bids]
USD $5.99 Buy It Now
Phish: A Live One Music CD w/ Artwork & 40+ Pg Book Concert Pictures 2 CDs 12trk USD $21.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Phish - A Live One (CD, Jun-1995, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label)) 61777-2 USD $5.97 Buy It Now 2 days
A Live One by Phish (2 Discs, Elektra)††HITS †Minty CD †Digipak Case USD $7.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Phish 'A Live One' 1995 US 2CD set in slipcase with 48 pg booket OOP - Excellent USD $11.99 [0 bids]
USD $15.59 Buy It Now
PHISH IT CD 2 DISCS & PHISH A LIVE ONE 2 CD SET USD $12.99 [0 bids]
A Live One by Phish (CD, Jun-1995, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label)) USD $2.99 [0 bids]
Phish - A Live One - 1995 Elektra Entertainment Group - 2 Disc's USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
A Live One by Phish CD (Elektra Records 1995) Rock, Alternative/Indie.*LIKE NEW* USD $0.75 [0 bids]
Phish 2-CD set "A Live One" release date 1995 Brand New & Unopened USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $16.00 Buy It Now
CD . Phish . A Live One . Live USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
A Live One by Phish (CD, Jun-1995, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label)) USD $3.99 Buy It Now 6 days
PHISH a live one poster uk - original promo poster. approx 105 x 60 cm. top righ USD $8.24 Buy It Now 7 days
PHISH 2cd A LIVE ONE free US shipping USD $5.00 Buy It Now 8 days
A Live One by Phish (CD, Jun-1995, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label)) Disks Only USD $3.91 Buy It Now 8 days
(CD) PHISH - A Live One / 2 Disc / Digipak USD $17.99 Buy It Now 10 days
2 CD Set PHISH "A Live One" 1995 w/ Booklet USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
A Live One Phish 2 CD Set with Paperwork Inserts USD $11.96 Buy It Now 13 days
Phish A Live One CD Compact Disc 2 Disc Set USD $8.98 Buy It Now 13 days
A Live One by Phish (CD, Jun-1995, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label)) USD $6.99 Buy It Now 14 days
A Live One by Phish (CD, Jun-1995, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label)) USD $7.99 Buy It Now 16 days
A Live One by Phish (CD, Jun-1995, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label)) USD $11.95 Buy It Now 16 days
PHISH 1st LIVE CD 94 A Live One (2 Discs) w/ booklet, and advertisement leaflet USD $10.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Phish : A Live One (2CDs) (1997) USD $4.63 Buy It Now 26 days
A Live One USD $4.64 Buy It Now 27 days
PHISH A Live One RARE 2 CD BOX SET w 48 Page BOOK! USD $24.89 Buy It Now 27 days
A Live One by Phish (CD) & Skeletons From The Closet: TBOTGD, by Grateful Dead USD $19.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Phish A Live One CD Elektra Records 1995 GREAT ROCK & ROLL MUSIC USD $2.17 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy PHISH music online Buy PHISH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PHISH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PHISH A Live One ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(38%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(33%)

PHISH A Live One reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars At particular evening I dropped by at our local book store (the big one) here in Jakarta and as usual I went straight to either novel, leadership / management topics or - what else man? - music! Yeah .. I saw at "Performers" section a book about PHISH, a very thick and very big one (I think it's about A4 size). So I asked the bookstore waiter to open the plastic strap and have me a look what is inside. Wow! I was amazed on how the content of the book was telling all nitty-gritty things about a band which - I swear! - had never heard the music yet at all. I had heard it before from some of my prog mates down here but never got interested with the band at all because they could not answer my question: is it symphonic? Is it neo prog? Is it prog met? Or what ? They simple say: "It's hard to categorize .".

About couple of weeks ago my prog guru, Andy Julias, introduced me this live album from Phish. The first spin of the CD I had only one word comment: "confused". It's not that the music is too complex or indigestible , rather I was confused on what category I should put this kind of music into? Nevermind, I don't really care, at the end music that counts. So I tried to have some more spins. It has everything - you name it: rock, jazz, pop, disco, funk. Yes, everything is lumped together into the music of Phish. And I found something interesting about this album: the guitar player who seems to be the mastermind "Trey Anastasio" plays his guitar wonderfully with heavy influences from Santana, Frank Zappa and Jimi Hendrix. I really enjoy his guitar playing style. The other great musician is the keyboard player Page McConnell.

Musically, the style that Phish plays is basically like a jamming music but with a structured approach and excellent harmony. You will hear the virtuosities of musicians involved in this album through various solo especially guitar and keyboards. The only problem, probably, is the repetitive music segments that may create a boring experience. Good example is "You Enjoy Myself" that consumes 20:57 minutes featuring long guitar work but with some repetitive chords that may be boring for most of us.

Overall, it's a very good live album especially if you enjoy long guitar solo and keyboard work. Trey Anastasio is one of Top 100 guitar player according to Guitar World magazine. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#43197) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
5 stars To those who say that the true genius of Phish lies in their live concerts, this is documentation to prove that hypothesis. As good as many of these songs may be as studio recordings, it's in the live performances that the band takes them as far as they can possibly go. Foe example, Stash on "A Picture Of Nectar" is a wonderful song, but stretched out another five minutes, with the band jamming away in eerie synchonization, it becomes a masterpiece. The same can be said even more about Tweezer, a slightly longer but somewhat inconsequential song on the same album which here travels far into space and becomes a thirty minute epic by the time it finds it's way back home.

It's just too bad that it was around this time that the Phishheads, Deadheads, and whateverelseheads made it just about impossible to get to a Phish concert. I'm glad I was able to see them play many times before they got to that point.

By the way, my copy is an advance release CD from Elektra, coming out over a month before the release date. At this point, the album was titles "Phish Live". But it's the same album.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#300258) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 23, 2010

4 stars This is the very first album I got from Phish and it instantly made me a fan. I have recommended this double disc to so many people and have created so many other phish fans as a result from it. This album has selected songs from various shows from their 1994 tour. It has an excellent version of ... (read more)

Report this review (#83691) | Posted by theblastocyst | Friday, July 14, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Most Phish heads will be able to tell you with fervor and passion when they first caught the "phever," or the "phire." To the uninitiated, that means they can pinpoint the moment or set of moments in which they became devotees of Phish, and they most likely can name the tune that did it for them ... (read more)

Report this review (#45968) | Posted by | Thursday, September 08, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This is Phish!!! This Stash was voted for by the fans to make this album. All songs are so incredibly tight. Great Chalkdust and YEM. The Tweezer is only for the advanced Phishheads around us. The Squirming coil is the song you should play on your HiFi to convince your friends of the greatness ... (read more)

Report this review (#33645) | Posted by | Thursday, March 10, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PHISH "A Live One "